Updated: Jan 3
I took this shot from a distance and zoomed in. I didn't show the rest of the catered food for the wedding because of my allergies and asthma. I cannot get close enough when sternos are lit to photograph the food. My friends and family where busy, obviously, and they weren't interested in taking food pictures, so I didn't ask anyone to do it for me.
Why I don't eat meat!
The chemicals in the lit sternos triggered an allergy/asthma attack a few years ago which sent me to the Emergency Room for eight hours. No fun. I was sitting in my sister's house and behind my back, the caterers lit the sternos. I had an immediate reaction and extreme difficulty breathing. I carry an EpiPen with me at all times, in case of an emergency.
Even outdoors, if I get too close to the lit sternos, I have a problem. So, to all who asked to see the catered food, I'm sorry I wasn't able to take pictures. I can tell you there were vegan options and also meat options. I know there was calamari, fried ravioli, chicken Parmesan, garlic knots and I think some pasta and beef dishes.
There was also plenty of vegetable options which were basically good for everyone. Some were raw and others where cooked.
Desserts included cannolis, cookies (neither gluten free) plenty of fruit, and a vegan cake (not gluten free) made by a neighbor (she will take special orders for gluten free, etc.)
A few years ago, while at my sister's house for a holiday ladies night, I had my back turned and the caterers came in with the food and lit the sternos. I didn't know what hit me. I suddenly started gasping for air. I had a full blown asthma/allergy attack which required an eight-hour stay in the Emergency Room. I always carry EpiPens because of this.
So, for those who asked, "Where's the food pics we love so much," I'm sorry I couldn't capture them for you. The food had to heat with the sternos lit and the covers on. Once they pulled off the covers, I couldn't be close to the the lit sternos. I sat as far across the backyard as possible. Even outdoors, too close could mean a trip to the ER.